At North Wales Caravans & Leisure Ltd. we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of all visitors to our website.
We want you to understand how we collect and use information about you and in particular we want to confirm that we will never sell, rent or trade any email lists to any other company or business for marketing purposes.
The privacy notice describes to you:
- Who we are.
- What information do we collect from you?
- How do we collect personal data?
- How do we use your personal data?
- Do we share your personal data?
- Do you have to provide us with your personal data, and if so why?
- How long will your personal data be held for?
- How do we keep your personal data secure?
- Your information rights.
- Changes to this policy.
- Complaints Procedure.
For the purposes of data protection law, the ‘controller’ is North Wales Caravans and Leisure and we are a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales under company number 11166407. Our registered office is at 23 Trinity Square, Llandudno, Conwy, North Wales, LL30 2RH, United Kingdom. Our trading premises are at 23 Conway Road, Llandudno Junction, Conwy, LL31 9LU, United Kingdom (from now on referred to as “North Wales Caravans and Leisure Ltd.”, or as “we” and related words such as “us” and “our”). Our registered VAT number is 310110883.
As controller we are responsible for your personal data and processing of it.
Data Protection Officer, North Wales Caravans and Leisure Ltd., 23 Conway Road, Llandudno Junction, Conwy, LL31 9LU, United Kingdom.
During the course of our business, which can involve the sales of caravans and leisure products both in-store and on this website, we may collect the following personal data when you provide it to us:
- Personal Details such as name, title, username, gender and date of birth.
- Contact Details such as telephone number, mobile number, email address and both billing and delivery address.
- Images either from CCTV at our premises or from photographs taken at any event (providing you have not objected to us taking them).
- Payment Details such as what you have ordered, card and transaction details. All card details will be entered directly into our card terminal and not stored any other way.
- Marketing Preferences for receiving communications from us.
If applying for a job with North Wales Caravans and Leisure we may also collect further information such as academic results, institutions attended and employment history.
We do not knowingly collect any other ‘special category’ data such as genetic, biometric, religious beliefs, race or ethnic origins, political opinions and health, sex life or sexual orientation information.
We do not collect information of any criminal convictions or offences.
If you register for our newsletter we will collect some personal information from you. We use this information for a few reasons, namely to tell you about information you have consented to be informed of, to contact you should we need to for any queries, to keep our records up to date and to periodically check that you are happy and satisfied with the service and products we provide. We never sell, rent or trade our email list to anyone.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking the link or by emailing our data protection officer.
We obtain your personal data when you interact directly with us. This can be by buying products in-store or online, signing up to mailing lists, requesting information, writing to us, speaking to us on the phone, taking part in a survey or entering a competition.
We may also obtain it from a CV used when applying for a job.
Our website also uses automated technologies such as cookies to better understand how users interact with our website and to provide essential functionality. Most browsers allow you set preferences to block, clear or allow cookies.
Your personal data will only be used when the law allows.
We will most commonly use your data during any contract you enter into or have entered into with us, any instance where it is necessary to use it for legitimate purposes (providing these are not overridden by your own rights) and where we need to be compliant with a legal or regulatory obligation.
By law we are only allowed to process your personal data if we have a lawful reason to. We will always ensure that this is the case and for the lawful reasons detailed below:-
- Contractual Necessity – we will process your data on a legal basis for enabling us to carry out our service, for identifying you, to respond to any inquiries, allow registration and to provide you with any information requested, to provide and deliver our products to you, to contact you about orders and to carry out any billing or admin functions necessary. We will do this if you are a customer, or if applying for a job we will use the data to evaluate suitability for any role applied for. You are not obliged to give us this data but it may not be possible for us to provide our service to you if you do not consent.
- Legitimate Interests – we will process your information for our legitimate business purposes to manage and conduct our business, to let you review anything that you have purchased, to deal with complaints, to analyse and improve services and to let you know about any products, promotions or events that we consider might be of interest to you providing you have given us consent and contact details. You can unsubscribe from this at any time.
- Lawful Compliance – we may use your details to comply with any applicable law or if we are required to provide them as part of an investigation from a court order.
- Consent – if you have purchased from us or at some stage given us consent to contact you then we may until such time as the consent is withdrawn by unsubscribing.
We may have to share some of your personal data for the legitimate purposes of the business.
We may have to share with some of our service providers such as logistics/couriers, email service providers, technical support at our web hosts and any recruitment consultants.
We may also have to share with other third party organisations but this will only ever happen with your explicit consent.
When entering into a contract with us you will be required to provide personal details pursuant to the business requirements of the contract. Unfortunately we may not be able to carry out the contract without this information.
By signing up for our newsletter you will also have to provide certain personal data. You can of course opt out of this at any time.
We will not keep your information in a form that identifies you for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out above or as required by law. In some instances, we are required to hold data for minimum periods: for example, UK tax law currently specifies a six-year period for retention of some of your personal data.
North Wales Caravans and Leisure Ltd. prevent data loss by having security measures in place to protect your data.
Only authorised members of staff and third parties processing on our behalf have access to your data.
Because the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure we cannot guarantee the security of your data but will take all reasonable steps within our control to protect your data. Any transmission of data is at your own risk.
Please contact us if you would like more information about this.
Under data protection law you have the following rights:-
- To be informed about collection and usage of your data.
- To be allowed access to your data held by requesting a copy of what is held. This will only be done with proof of identity.
- To have incorrect data changed. Please keep us updated of any changes.
- To request that your data be blocked, erased or destroyed under certain circumstances.
- To be able to object to or restrict the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes or for any future marketing.
- To be able to port your data in certain circumstances.
You will not have to pay to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Please contact us if you would like to exercise any of these rights or know more about them.
These rights are subject to certain limitations that exist in law. Further information about your information rights is available on the ICO’s website: https://ico.org.uk/.
We may make changes to this policy so please make sure that you check the review date shown to make sure you are fully informed.
We hope that you will be satisfied with the way in which we approach and use your personal data and if you have a complaint that you give us the chance to rectify it first.
Should you find it necessary, you have a right to raise a concern with the information regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/.
Review Date: May 2019